Welcome

Dear Visitor,

I am very pleased to welcome you to my blog
Please allow me to take you on the journey of my life in Paris as I explore it...







14 feb 2011

How the sun overclouded my wardrobe

- What's the weather got to do with it -

The first rays of sunshine have officially embarked the city. With layers and layers of wool and fur coming off, it looks like the Metropole has been lifted off its feet. Paris feels enlighted by a fulfilling sense of self.

If this beam of yellow light uplifts the most arrogant of cities, I do wonder what summer is going to be like.


I suddenly feel like taking my clothes off and putting on a little Hervé Leger number with Louboutin platforms ... unfortunately  I soon realise my summer tan isn't in the same state of mind. And although I don't like to say NO to this kind of weather, 17 degrees, at this point in time, mid-february - I really do not feel prepared for a skin showing fashion moment.


With Paris fashion week coming up, I can't wait to see the global fashionista community parade around town for those magical runway extravaganzas. These women - on the contrary of moi - do come prepared and don't care if the weather gods are going to be in a good mood or not. They will be showing off their tanned skin - that looks like they just spend 2 weeks non stop on Nikky beach in St Tropez - and this summers hot sunshine approved trends, no matter how cold or grey the city is.

I realise that I should take some advice from these 'I wear my tan all year 'round' women on this matter, they obviously don't need no sun to shine. As for me, I settle with feeling light hearted at the thought that summer is only a couple of months away, first passing by that beautiful time of spring, realising that a tanning bed is all I really need for now.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten