Welcome

Dear Visitor,

I am very pleased to welcome you to my blog
Please allow me to take you on the journey of my life in Paris as I explore it...







21 feb 2011

The ladies who lunch

- The it-bag parade -

It all began in the sixties, when New York socialites and other American notables like Jackie O, Babe Paley and Nan Kemper made it a sport to put on their newest of the runway looks to meet their equally fabulous friends at the big apple hotspots. You could say that these slender, perfectly groomed women were the it-girls avant la lettre. And although the New York socialites like Paris Hilton, Tinsley Mortimer, Olivia Palermo and Amanda Hearst still seem to find their ways into the tabloids, I have to say that their Parisian counterparts could defintely compete to the test.

A luncheon at Colette seems to be the perfect hotspot for the Parisian ladies who lunch to show off their it-outfits. Ever wondered what a head to toe Balmain runway look looks like in real life? Or how about fur-heaven? Feel like stealing a YSL - Lanvin - Proenza Schouler it bag? You name it, Colette's basement has got it.

And although it seems like a very SATC thing to do, going out for lunch all dressed up to the nines. These ladies don't really come to enjoy their salade, nor to watertaste a chateau Perrier from the waterbar and definetly not to talk about their love lifes. They come to see and be seen. Everybody who's somebody seems to wanna make a statement. And statements they make, while blowing air kisses to one another and commenting their frennemies new hairdo, they wiggle their perfect behinds on Louboutain stilettos up the stairs to see what holy Colette sees as the next big thing.

After a 30 min wait to be seated, lunch and coffee. I don't seem to take it anymore. Never have I seen so many it-bags re-united under one roof, and I am not talking about the PS1 Proenza Schouler that Colette sold in all the colors of the rainbow, I am talking about the the luxury leathergoods that came for lunch. I cannot deny that I am a bag maniac, I always seem to find an excuse to buy a new one. Bags are like armcandy, they can uplift any boring outfit, give you an instant new look and entertain not only you but also everyone around you. Show me your bag and I will tell you who you are. And believe me, there is much to kiss and tell when being surrounded by the Parisian ladies who lunch at Colette.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten